Search the forum,

Discuss Towel Warmer on domestic circuit. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

diamondgas

Hi All,

Any of you fitted a towel warmer to a hot water secondary circuit? I'd imagine they'd have to be specifically made for the purpose, not all towel warmers will be suitable because of the corrosive effect of the 'fresh' water yeh?

I'm considering this for my own place but, to be honest, have never seen one piped up to the domestic hot water tap circuit.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Steve:teeth_smile:

No problem doing this. Years ago all you could get non ferrous, was brass towel rails, but a cheaper alternative now is stainless steel. Make sure you get good quality valves.
obviously you would need or already have secondary hot water?

Last edited:
Ive seen it done, but they used a steel towel rail. I had to go and change it and hook it into the heating side. Either that or find a stainless one.

Your standing losses going to be massive why not just put it on own zv?
Alas the bathroom is pre-piped and upheavel to do so would be a nightmare! Also electric is out of the question. There are heating pipes (zoned) but won't be on most of the time! Whereas the hot water circuit will be on a great deal more! I've concerns about heatloss but it's a chance I'd take! I could even pipe it as a onepipe to reduce loss and give me more control! TBH I wish I'd thought about a separate zone for the towel warmers! I'm trying to do next best I guess :)

No way round it? Is it not possible to use rails as primary and zone everything else. Then the rails on a lot. Or even use cylinder primaries and put a zv on cylinder. ?

No way round it? Is it not possible to use rails as primary and zone everything else. Then the rails on a lot. Or even use cylinder primaries and put a zv on cylinder. ?

Fortunately I installed two loops on the secondary circulation, one around the main part of the house and another to this furthest away ensuite so piping a warmer in on this circuit wont compromise the drawoffs anywhere. I've installed a pipe stat on the return circuit to control heatloss so the pump isn't running 24/7 and draining the heat from the stored water when it isn't in use!

the ensuite's 15mtrs away from the cylinder Ermi.. so repiping back to it isn't an option! I either link the towel warmer to the bedroom zone or the secondary hot water circuit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Towel Warmer on domestic circuit. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock