Search the forum,

Discuss Towel Rails in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gareth White

Is it normal to plumb Towel Rails into a pressurised water system, running the Towel Rails off this water supply, or do the Towel Rails have to be run in tandem with the Central Heating?

Off the central heating normally but if you want it off your hot water system it's going to cost a lot more money to do

and a special stainless steel towel rad

Yeah. It's a lot of money for not a lot of reward

Thanks. Sorry can't I be clear and give a few more details..we had a hot water tank in the attic that had the Towel rails running off the hot water tank. We then converted the attic space and moved the hot water tank down stairs to the ground floor. We installed a pressurised tank, Megaflow type system, and it was at this stage that the Towel rails were connected to the central heating and not the hot water. This means that we only have hot towel rails now in the months that the Central heating is on. Please can you advise if it possible to connect the Towel rails to the new hot water system..Mega flow type tank. Or if this is not normal practice. If possible, but more expensive, any idea how much More?

It's not normally done anymore. The cost will be repipe and the price of radiator

You can connect to a megaflo. But they either need to be made of stainless steel and connected with a hit water circulation pump. They can be connected into the circulation piles that feed the cylinder coil, before any motorised valves, this will work whenever the boiler fires, so will work in summer. Downside of this, is it will only be on in summer when the cylinder thermostat calls for heat.
You can alter the towel rails to" dual fuel" this requires fitting a electric element into the towel rail and wiring it into the mains. This is then used in summer.
One way to make it work, but very inefficient. Is to just turn off all other radiators in summer, set the time clock to come on for an hour in the morning and night.

My vote dual fuel towel rail off elec and ch systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Towel Rails in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock