Search the forum,

Discuss Towel Radiator not heating up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have a towel radiator that is causing me a bit of a headache. I worked fine until the heating came back on after the summer. The radiator never heated up after that. I've taken the floor boards up and found that the radiator has 2 feeds from the heating supply. Can't work out why its not working. I have photos but can't workout how to upload them on here. Any suggestions welcome or if anyone willing to fix it in Huntingdon area please let me know.

Hi Howie - the brains are probably still mopping up and they'll be back shortly with helpful suggestions. Meanwhile - what happens if you try to bleed the rad? Can you turn a couple of others off ? (to force more water into it), is it a gravity system?

Have the pics on your device, compose a reply, hit the upload a file tab at the bottom of the text box, navigate to your file, click etc.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I have uploaded a photo. I have tried turning all other rads off in the house but still doesn't heat up. The system is one with a header tank in loft, boiler and pump in the airing cupboard. It looks like the radiator has been put on a supply loop at some point in the past looking at the newer section of pipe. Water flows through both rad valves no problems but my theory is that both feeds to the rad are fighting each other. It still doesn't explain why it used to work and why it doesn't now.

IMG_20180222_112853.jpg

Ok - you say water flows through both valves, tell us more? (as the water is 70C why does this not heat it?). Can you bleed the rad?

1. one of the valves has been turned off
2. Dirt in one of the valves stopping water flow
3. Air lock
4. Have you checked water level in small tank ?.

Hi,
Yes I have bleed the rad. I have removed it and attached attached a pipe to each valve and opened them one at a time. Water flows from both valves. When the heating is on the pipe only get hot uptown the first T in the picture with flow from left.

Hi,
Yes I have bleed the rad. I have removed it and attached attached a pipe to each valve and opened them one at a time. Water flows from both valves. When the heating is on the pipe only get hot uptown the first T in the picture with flow from left.
Might be a bit of debris in the pipe? Give the tee a gentle tap and see if it clears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Towel Radiator not heating up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock