Search the forum,

Discuss Towel radiator from plastic pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nick SR

Hi, we live in a newish house with plastic heating pipes dropped in the walls. In the wc there is currently a small rad, the pipes are central behind it and brought out onto microbore copper behind the rad which is ok as they are fixings don't show.

I'm about to tile the room and at the same time install a towel rail radiator. How is best to come off the plastic pipe onto the towel rail without it looking at eye sore?

thanks for any advice.

agree with above turn the valves back towards the wall and straight in you can get chrome wall plates in ten mm

agree with above turn the valves back towards the wall and straight in you can get chrome wall plates in ten mm

Thanks for the quick replies. That looks like it will do the job, can I easily extend the plastic to run inside the wall as its currently centrally dropped, or should it be a full new run of pipe (not so easy)?

Can you get extension kits or is it a case of buying a coil of pipe, cutter etc?

You can get 3m lengths of 15mm I think not sure on smaller sorry its not something I've ever bought.

Can you not run centrally then chase horizontally to come out at whatever centres the towel rail is?

assuming it's a chrome towel rail, whatever way you pipe it, you don't want any plastic pipe showing,
chrome towel rail - chrome pipe imo

angled chrome valves straight into plastic into the wall don't look too bad but still best to use chrome pipe or at least chrome covers

assuming it's a chrome towel rail, whatever way you pipe it, you don't want any plastic pipe showing,
chrome towel rail - chrome pipe imo
I agree. I've fitted a few chrome towel rads in new build houses with plastic 10mm piping the existing rad. If the customer was tiling the walls I just cut a patch out the plasterboard and alter the pipes and bring them through the wall in 15mm at centres to suit right into the valves.

I agree. I've fitted a few chrome towel rads in new build houses with plastic 10mm piping the existing rad. If the customer was tiling the walls I just cut a patch out the plasterboard and alter the pipes and bring them through the wall in 15mm at centres to suit right into the valves.

Would something like this be a good way to do it, straight into a chrome valve

www.NoLinkingToThis/p/pegler-push-fit-elbow-10mm/28509#

planning in installing this Saturday then tiling straight right away

yes that will work although you will need the correct inserts for the make of plastic you have

Would something like this be a good way to do it, straight into a chrome valve

www.NoLinkingToThis/p/pegler-push-fit-elbow-10mm/28509#

planning in installing this Saturday then tiling straight right away
Sorry for not getting back to you before. Yes it would work but won't look as good as angled 15mm rad valves with 15mm chrome pipe going into it but of aesthetics isn't a big issue that will work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Towel radiator from plastic pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock