Search the forum,

Discuss towel rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buffy

hi,just cant seem to be able to stop a leak from the join betwwen the rad and water pipe,there is no olive just threads,used loads of tape,still leaks,any advice would be helpful,thanks

close both valves to isolate rad. remove any little screws that fix rad to the wall fixed bolt shrouds remove nut that has no olive. see if there is any play to lift the valve off the pipe far enough to slip on an olive. make sure a large towel or dust sheet is in place as it will spew from the open pipe. but you only need it exposed for a second or 2 to slip the olive on and reseat the valve. water will only trickle out now and will stop when you pinch up the nut.

failing that

drain rad
remove
fit olive
replace

a bit more to it than that but essentially thats the process. if there is no olive on the pipe then any other option is a bodge job and should be avoided.

KJ

KJ: I'm not sure where you think the OP should fit an olive, I assume they are referring to the threaded connector between the radiator and the tail.

"bufffy": If I've read your post correctly, yry (over-)using loctite 55 thread sealing cord, far better than ptfe tape, and see how it goes.

wheeto i assumed that he meant where either the flow or return enters the rad valve i;e the compression joint which should use an olive.

perhaps the op'er should clarify for us. as i am assuming the join between the pipe and the valve and you assume between the rad and the valve.

KJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to towel rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock