Search the forum,

Discuss Toto Energy Goes Bump - Customers getting gas for free? What to do? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Toto Energy Goes Bust- Customers getting gas for free? What to do?

TOTO News
Administration appointment
30th October 2019

Steve Absolom and Will Wright were appointed Joint Administrators of Toto Energy Ltd – in Administration (the ‘Company’) on 30 October 2019.

Formal notice of appointment is available to view at insolvency-kpmg.co.uk/case+kpmg+TJA23E2515.html.

All customers of the Company have been transferred over to EDF Energy as mentioned below.

TOTO Energy / EDF Energy - Ofgem official statement
26th October 2019

Toto Energy has ceased to trade. Ofgem, the energy regulator, has appointed EDF Energy as the new supplier for its customers.

EDF Energy will supply energy to all of Toto’s customers as of Sunday 27 October 2019.

EDF Energy will contact customers over the coming days and again in a few weeks when the transfer has been completed and their accounts have been fully set up.

Customers need not worry, their supplies are secure. Former and current domestic customers’ credit balances are protected. EDF Energy may need to contact customers to determine the amount of any outstanding balance.

Current and former customers who are in debit to Toto Energy should wait to hear from EDF Energy or Toto Energy’s administrators who will talk to them about repayment arrangements.

Ofgem’s advice to Toto Energy’s customers is not to switch, but to sit tight and wait until EDF has been in touch. This will help make sure that the process of handing customers over to EDF and honouring any credit balances, is as hassle free for customers as possible.

Toto Energy customers with questions should contact EDF on: 0333 009 6993, email [email protected] or visit edfenergy.com/TOTOFAQs and edfenergy.com/submit-meter-reading-toto to submit a meter reading.

More information can be found on the Ofgem website.

Customers can find support and advice on the Ofgem website. Or if they need additional support, call Citizens Advice on 03454 04 05 06 or email them via their webform. Advice will also be shared on Ofgem’s twitter @ofgem and facebook channels.

My auntie was with Toto Energy, and until she has her final bill from toto energy she can't switch to a new energy supplier. But toto have gone bump and she can't get a bill from them. Nobody is answering her calls or emails.

So she's currently getting her gas for free? Possibly? Not sure.

Has anybody else had any experience with this? Anybody in the same boat at all? Toto energy have had administrators appointed, and we part of solarplicity which also went bust.

So she's currently getting her gas for free? Possibly? Not sure.

No, not free.

And yes you can't change until EDF sort her bill out.
They've only got 134,000 customers to sort out, so it shouldn't take too long...

My mate has had 2 suppliers go bump on him, 1 actually on the changeover day.
EDF in Toto's case have taken over the accounts, they will bill for anything outstanding.
She'll have to go on their lowest tarriff, which probably will be more expensive than Toto's.
And she won't be able to change suppliers for at least a month.

Thanks for the heads up mate. I'll pass on that info. She's stressing about it a bit. So she's basically got to wait for EDF to catch up then, and then switch.

Yes.
I'll check with my mate later but I believe if you change as soon as you can after the first month the new supplier (EDF) can't demand any leaving fee, typically £30.
Apparently some suppliers now till pay the leaving fee for you.

I think my mate is just about to change again, probably for the 10th time, so watch out they'll be another one go bump soon..

Reply to Toto Energy Goes Bump - Customers getting gas for free? What to do? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

ICE Energy recently shut up shop, difficult to say whether administration or receivership at the moment as message to clients is confusing. Website https://www.iceenergy.co.uk/news/thank-you-for-writing-to-ice-energy says Clients have been left worse than high and dry as according the one...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock