Search the forum,

Discuss Torrent cylindar with solar - Hot water has antifreeze in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a client with a torrent cycildar with solar indirect. I changed some Radiators a few weeks ago now client says hot water smells of antifreeze ??
Solar system is pressured to 1.8 bar which I did not touch and pressure is still the same.
Central heating sealed system. I reset after new radiators and set back to 1.5 bar and still the same.
Anyone with any idea where I start to look or what I could have done when changing radiators. :confused:
Thanks
Ray..

Possibly a leaking coil
If it is very important to not drink or even brush teeth in water as glycol is poison very dangers

Yeah, was about to say. Leaking coil. Quite dangerous. Get round there and test it mate.

If a coil (P. heating or solar) is leaking wouldn't the pressure be dropping. And how would the antifreeze or inhibitor get into the water. Is the mains water not sealed (coil) in the thermal store?

It's a thermal store with mains on a coil?
Could be a break in cold water coil then it could be the inhibitor he is smelling sounds like a new cylinder how old is cylinder

All I can sugest is disconect the cold coil from mains and conect a pressure gage and pressure test it to 3 bar and see if it drops

If it's a thermal store it could be the plate heat exchanger has corroded. Meaning the two will mix. This is quite common and not unusual for a 5 year old component.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Torrent cylindar with solar - Hot water has antifreeze in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock