Search the forum,

Discuss Top bottom entry positions in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

First of all , a bit late but, a Happy New Year to everybody on the forum. Surely 2022 cannot be as strange as 2021, or can it?
Anyway I digress.

My question relates to entry positions on a radiator. I know for one that Stelrad say do not have bottom entry and top exit. This is supposedly to avoid
the corner opposite the entry being cold as most of the water will flow diagonally across the radiator. Am querying this as I have a radiator to
plumb in, and life would be so much easier if I did bottom entry and top exit connections. I would have thought that the whole radiator will
eventually be the same temperature. Doing a bottom exit will be very awkward as the existing pipework exits the wall in line with the radiator entry giving
little room for manoeuvre of pipework and I cannot move the radiator up any more. So is my solution ok in the long run?

Can you do feed in top and out on bottom ? If not keep them both bottom

Can you do feed in top and out on bottom ? If not keep them both bottom
Doing a top feed is no problem but that does not solve the bottom return situation, which as I said is very tight on space to make any joints. If a bottom in top out is a real no no I will need to put my thinking cap on.

Needs to be return bottom as water cools is drops so maximum efficiency is bottom return

Reply to Top bottom entry positions in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock