Search the forum,

Discuss Tools from America in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Rybo_1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Evening lads.

Have Any of you ever had experience of using cordless tools from America? I'm a huge Milwaukee fan and my mum
and dad are off to America next weekend and im after some of the tools they have available over there which aren't yet out in the UK. And at a much cheaper price

Mt tile cutter (wet saw) is American. I get the cutting discs cheaper than the uk. delivered from the us and they come n about 5 days!

I've imported the odd bare unit (Milwaukee & Dewalt) that wasn't available here yet, what the issue compatibility? There shouldn't be, model numbers are basically the same as are the batteries...charger is obviously going to be different.

Not sure how airport security would react to case full of batteries though.

CE stamp won't be on it though... Not that anyone ever checks don't forget everything in uncle sams place is subject to sales tax

ive got loads of tools from the us, many not available in the uk.(worm saw, porter cable drill, milwaukee m28 angle drill etc...) you need to factor in the lack of warranty in your price/saving and customs charges if you cant get around them.

as for milwaukee stuff in recent times they are releasing stuff in the eu thats not in the us yet. it all depends where its developed i think.

Last edited:
I have a friend who is bringing me back some 18v l.ion batteries back from the US, next week.

£35 each in his suitcase! Hopefully a makita cordless jigsaw too.

I have a friend who is bringing me back some 18v l.ion batteries back from the US, next week.

£35 each in his suitcase! Hopefully a makita cordless jigsaw too.
Ouch if his luggage gets pulled he will be in the 5h1t. Airlines take an extremely dim view of transporting lithium batteries in any quantity. I hope he slips through for you, £35 is mighty cheap.

Ouch if his luggage gets pulled he will be in the 5h1t. Airlines take an extremely dim view of transporting lithium batteries in any quantity. I hope he slips through for you, £35 is mighty cheap.
Apparently as long as there is a cover over the terminals your ok. Still the import duty though

Im from the states and my dad was just here for a visit. Brought me four 18v batteries and a couple bare tools also. They didn't question anything. Im a huge milwaukee fan as they are the goto for plumbing tools in the US along with Ridgid. One of my good friends is a milwaukee rep and I was able to try out tools that were not out on the market for r and d. Never had a problem with Milwaukee as most places give a 5 yr warranty on their stuff in the US. Can't comment on how it is done over here but I will still always buy Milwaukee.

Reply to Tools from America in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock