Search the forum,

Discuss Tooling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasmanrob

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I need to get a few bits breaker bar ring spanners and decent ratchet.

been looking at britool but noticed they are owned by the Stanley group who also own Mac and facom. All have lifetime warranty it's just how you go about replacing a broken tool that changes. My question is this are there any reasons to favour the other two over the britool set? Anyone use either of them? I wouldn't use them daily but certainly weekly I want something that's going to last but I'm not buying snap on. I have children that need feeding!

Many tools made today are just not the same as they used to be check out ebay for some not so new but still quality ...regards Turnpin:smile5:

Try looking at Teng tools. Very good stuff & not extremely costly.

Funny how these 'lifetime warranty's' are calculated.
Wear and tear is not covered, so unless the tool breaks in half you won't get it replaced.

Years ago I bough a sledge hammer with a 5 year warranty - with a fibreglass handle.
The handle broke on second swing - took it back and wanted it replaced.

Guess what - the handle is not covered under the warranty, only the head.

Guess what the Rep was told when I informed me of this?

well after having ÂŁ447 of a bill for servicing it last time aroud 6 months ago I wanted to do it my self this time , just changed the front brakes ÂŁ30 it cost me in materials! happy days! lad from work just paid a mechanic ÂŁ120 for changing the pads on his connect! oil change etc next

I've just treated myself to a new Bahco socket set off Amazon (Caulfied Industrial) in the sales, reduced from ÂŁ450 to ÂŁ190 ish... Decent range of sockets in 1/4, 3/8 & 1/2 in both AF & Metric... quality seems good too.

Did a scrap run today and when passing halfords stopped in and tried to replace ratchet again.... Yes sir not a problem.

RESULT!!

im also going to invest in some facom stuff. But no urgency now as ratchet is brand fine new!

always used draper tools as britool and snap on prices are stupid. If anything ever fails, just call draper in southampton and the bits arrive in the post. They also provide metabo drills etc, my first at 18 is still working, new carbons, they are in the post sir, no charge!! cant beat that, so never bothered looking elsewhere.

I used Bahco Socket sets and I also have Bahco ratchet spanners as you only need four spanners and you're covered for 16 sizes! excellent tool! For my podgers and ring spanners Etc I use King Dick. Well made tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tooling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock