Search the forum,

Discuss Tool Bags in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

richard978

Gas Engineer
I've a few bags all set up for different job types and all but my hot works tote all well past their use by date.

I tend to stick to Stanley because my merchant always has a good range but I'm never entirely happy with the way they keep heavy items like grips etc in place.

Now a friend pointed me towards VETO Pro PAC or velocity gear.....they look good but then I've seen the price. Are these things worth it? I know a good fat max bag will fleece you of 50 quid but 200 quid that's a whole new story.

It would be great to hear from people who own both veto and velocity.

Gold plated....if they were then that's long worn off. I'm sure my grips are 20 years old.

I've looked at them and I think they will be heavy bags with a few tools in. No point having a bag of tools if I slip a disc carrying them.

I'll stick to my Stanley I think

I’ve got the veto tech backpack and it’s brilliant

What’s about a combination of tool bags and boxes? Ive just recently bought a Stanley 20” tool tote, but it’s for my electrical gear, but as you say, nothing biggish like grips, or in my case my ratchet crimpers. CK bag perhaps? Bahco? I’m a tight@rse, so anything more than £30 to keep my tools in, I don’t think I can justify it.

That is the thing with the Veto's, they are so well made you can overload them and do yourself in ininadvertently. Once things get that heavy then you're talking about a stackable system on wheels.

I've a few bags all set up for different job types and all but my hot works tote all well past their use by date.

I tend to stick to Stanley because my merchant always has a good range but I'm never entirely happy with the way they keep heavy items like grips etc in place.

Now a friend pointed me towards VETO Pro PAC or velocity gear.***.they look good but then I've seen the price. Are these things worth it? I know a good fat max bag will fleece you of 50 quid but 200 quid that's a whole new story.

It depends on what tools you carry in your "hot works tool tote" ...I am not a professional plumber, but was lucky enough to win a Veto bag a couple of years ago...Out standing quality, but £180 would be hard to stomach for a tool bag..

Stanley maxi-fat backpack and a magna tool roll which lives in a black bucket. Winning formula for me. No frills 👍

I have been considering getting either the Veto or Velocity tool bags.
The Veto is a US company but is made in China, so would prefer to buy the British Velocity if it is on par.
Personally I feel the high cost is irrelevant if the bag lasts many years and makes the tools immediately visible rather than lying in the bottom of a typically designed tool bag. I have had Stanley tool bags which have too few tool pockets & too much open space. Also outer pockets eventually tear.
No point in an electrical tool bag and a second bag for plumbing tools as I need both types of tools on most jobs.
Best solution for me is a bag with at least 2 sides with numerous tool pockets and a large centre part to hold bigger items like gas bottle, or small cordless drill etc.

The Velocity is also made in China just designed in the uk sorry to say

It is a shame seems nothing is made in the uk these days

WHERE ARE VELOCITY PROGEAR TOOL BAGS MADE?​

A: Our bags are manufactured at our partner factories in the Far East.

We frequently make factory visits to ensure QC protocol is followed and to discuss new designs and product development to ensure you are getting the very best Velocity Progear products.

I have been considering getting either the Veto or Velocity tool bags.
The Veto is a US company but is made in China, so would prefer to buy the British Velocity if it is on par.
Personally I feel the high cost is irrelevant if the bag lasts many years and makes the tools immediately visible rather than lying in the bottom of a typically designed tool bag. I have had Stanley tool bags which have too few tool pockets & too much open space. Also outer pockets eventually tear.
No point in an electrical tool bag and a second bag for plumbing tools as I need both types of tools on most jobs.
Best solution for me is a bag with at least 2 sides with numerous tool pockets and a large centre part to hold bigger items like gas bottle, or small cordless drill etc.

Which did you go for @Best ?

Which did you go for @Best ?
I haven’t made a decision yet on which bag. Difficult to decide without being able to see the various bags. Veto seem the strongest, but not sure between the XL Tech or LC Tech bag.
There seems to be a Veto offer comes on of a free small bag each year, which I might take up when it hopefully comes

Now a friend pointed me towards VETO Pro PAC or velocity gear.***.they look good but then I've seen the price. Are these things worth it? I know a good fat max bag will fleece you of 50 quid but 200 quid that's a whole new story.

I use a " British Rail " leather guards bag, very strong, and still have it 50 years later, and a few " hessian bass tools bags " which let you get access to the tool you want to use, without you having to take out all the other tools out. stick them on wheels, unless you want you to have arms like an Orangutan.
I used to work in hospitals, you needed a wheelbarrow, just to bring a 4" bore equilibrium float valves, with 20" diameter copper floats back to the
workshop.
I know that this has no relevance to do with the question, sorry that I am of no help. I find that " builders plastic buckets " make great tool bags, which are strong and as cheap as chips, but not fashionable, unless you stick some sort of " iconic fashion brand logo " sticker on the outside, to make it look trendy.

Haven't tool bags, carry alls & backpacks ( whatever you want to call them ) become the latest fad in work fashion
What you bought 3 or 4 years ago has doubled or tripled in price.

But the quality of most products has stayed the same.

Collusion across the board from suppliers and merchants wanting to make some money.

Jst stop buying at high prices, and in 6 months they will drop in price

I use festool systainer boxes and make custom inserts to organise my tools. I had a nasty habit of loosing tools so it was almost a necessity for each tool to have its own clear slot. For a service I just clip hand tools and analyser together.
For small install I grab the soldering box and for bigger job I put a stack on the sack barrow.
A stack of systainers costs a fortune tho!

Just a heads up, - Veto do an offer each Spring of a free smaller tool bag with each tool bag you buy. Makes the cost of your new tool bag more reasonable.
Offer already started in the US, this year a free new version meter/tool MB3 bag with most of the larger Veto bags bought, or new MB2 blackout bag.
MB3 bag is quite large, so should be excellent. Could sell it on if you didn’t need it.
I will wait on the deal.

I use festool systainer boxes and make custom inserts to organise my tools. I had a nasty habit of loosing tools so it was almost a necessity for each tool to have its own clear slot. For a service I just clip hand tools and analyser together.
For small install I grab the soldering box and for bigger job I put a stack on the sack barrow.
A stack of systainers costs a fortune tho!
When I first started I did this I had a testo analyser and the tool kit came with it so all tools for service went in that much easier as they clicked together. Especially as when I started I used a smart for two.

20210311_183204.jpg

Just refreshed my insert.
20210311_184307.jpg

Think it works.
20210311_184515.jpg

It's not light but I've got all my basics.

I use a " British Rail " leather guards bag, very strong, and still have it 50 years later, and a few " hessian bass tools bags " which let you get access to the tool you want to use, without you having to take out all the other tools out. stick them on wheels, unless you want you to have arms like an Orangutan.
I used to work in hospitals, you needed a wheelbarrow, just to bring a 4" bore equilibrium float valves, with 20" diameter copper floats back to the
workshop.
I know that this has no relevance to do with the question, sorry that I am of no help. I find that " builders plastic buckets " make great tool bags, which are strong and as cheap as chips, but not fashionable, unless you stick some sort of " iconic fashion brand logo " sticker on the outside, to make it look trendy.

At the moment I carry an overfull magna tool roll in a black builder's bucket for general "go to" tools. As I'm probably going to need a bucket anyway why not have one to hand at all times?
Just need to find an "iconic fashion brand logo" sticker. Bucket doubles as a seat if needed 👍

Veto is definitely a favourite, but I get you on the price. FatMax would be your next best option I think. These ones have a similar style without the price point: Stanley STST1-72335 Backpack Tool Bag - https://www.toolstop.co.uk/stanley-stst1-72335-backpack-toolbag/
Still too expensive imo (I am a tight erse though 😂). I tried the £30 Stanley backpack, ended up returning it as when I looked at it properl, I couldn’t get 1/4 of my stuff in!!!! A lad who I work with has bought the PB bags (velocity bags), still overpriced IMO. If, and it’s a big if, I was spending decent money on a bag, probably go with carhart.

Just a follow up on my previous post -
Veto free tool bag offer is now on here in U.K.
Buy a selected Veto tool bag and you get a free MB3 (or MB2) meter tool bag free, depending on what bag you buy. MB3 bag is worth £80 so good offer.
Check with your chosen Veto supplier.

I'm seriously considering making a smaller one of these (this is a ladies' model and the armstraps are badly fitted anyway) to use to ferry all the odds and ends from the worksite to the van at the end of a working day. I normally use a bucket, but it's not big enough and doesn't leave the hands free.

Attachments

• SAM_6853.JPG
    SAM_6853.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 9
Had my veto open tote for around 8 years and it's still in good nick. Had to buy a new strap cus I damaged it but the bag gas zero failures. I was going through other bags every 6 to 12 months so the veto has covered its price easily. I've got a few more vetos and a couple of the volicity bags too but nothing is replacing my veto open tote, I can reach and find any tool without looking, I carry a impact and drill in it all the time aswell.

Just a follow up on my previous post -
Veto free tool bag offer is now on here in U.K.
Buy a selected Veto tool bag and you get a free MB3 (or MB2) meter tool bag free, depending on what bag you buy. MB3 bag is worth £80 so good offer.
Check with your chosen Veto supplier.
Best we are from the same area so can you recommend a dealer for the Veto bags.I need to upgrade from my rubber bucket.lol.
hope your keeping well.
Ian.

Best we are from the same area so can you recommend a dealer for the Veto bags.I need to upgrade from my rubber bucket.lol.
hope your keeping well.
Ian.

Hi Ian,
I googled Veto stockists and only one here I think is FSW in Belfast. But if you wanted to just order online, Primetools will send them anywhere U.K. free post.
Just check best price between companies though for each specific bag. Primetools for example are offering Veto MCT for only £110 + vat and includes a free MB3 meter bag. Go to their Veto bags list and scroll down until you come across the bag together with the free bag.
However I see FSW are cheaper for some of the other Veto bags. You would need to be quick at putting order in for Veto bag as free bag offer only until end of November.
Brilliant bags for anyone wanting vertical storage

Hi Ian,
I googled Veto stockists and only one here I think is FSW in Belfast. But if you wanted to just order online, Primetools will send them anywhere U.K. free post.
Just check best price between companies though for each specific bag. Primetools for example are offering Veto MCT for only £110 + vat and includes a free MB3 meter bag. Go to their Veto bags list and scroll down until you come across the bag together with the free bag.
However I see FSW are cheaper for some of the other Veto bags. You would need to be quick at putting order in for Veto bag as free bag offer only until end of November.
Brilliant bags for anyone wanting vertical storage
FSW is the only one in the North for Vetos, I've toyed with the idea of these bags for a long time but the same just can justify the price!! So I've just stayed with the Stanley Fatmax bags (back pack, 20" technicians tote for soldering gear and the hard based bag for Hole aws, Unilite and bits and bobs, have 2 CK bags that I use for Refrigeration and electrical gear as well but I don't rate them for the price also!!

Reply to Tool Bags in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock