Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet woes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hoping you can help with a strange problem - I noticed floor tile grout lines near toilet bowl are getting damp - I dried with a hairdryer but the problem reoccurs within a few hours , even when toilet not flushed. I can’t see/feel any water leaking from waste pipe seal (behind WC) , from cistern, supply line or from fasteners that secure cistern to bowl.
I have attached a couple of photos , the toilet bowl is on the immediate right and the tiled wall is at the top of pics. I wondered if there may be a pipe leak behind tiled walls but I recall that the pipe run at that point has no joins so less likely to be leaking and also you will see in photo 1 the damp patch seems to creep from right to left (toilet outwards) rather than from top to bottom (from wall although that eventually gets damp too).
Any suggestions ? Planning to contact a plumber tomorrow and hoping this is a WC issue since that will be simpler than removing tiles .
Cheers

Attachments

• A9027BC2-2D8F-4F74-958D-85F1EA97C4E1.jpeg
    A9027BC2-2D8F-4F74-958D-85F1EA97C4E1.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
  • FEE4DBD1-0985-4042-9E62-BECCB3A97902.jpeg
    FEE4DBD1-0985-4042-9E62-BECCB3A97902.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 22
Dry tissue paper in hand, start high and work down anywhere you can reach should show the area the leak starts from.

Turn water to cistern off if you can, then come back after a few hours and see if water level in cistern has dropped.
Tools required - Pencil to mark water level in cistern. :cool:

Turn water to cistern off if you can, then come back after a few hours and see if water level in cistern has dropped.
Tools required - Pencil to mark water level in cistern. :cool:
I can’t actually turn water to cistern off though so assume fill valve will open to maintain water level ?

I can’t actually turn water to cistern off though so assume fill valve will open to maintain water level ?
Yes it will refill, are you sure you can`t see a Silver isolation valve on the pipe putting water into the cistern? If not can you tie up the float using a length of wood and string or wire?

Reply to Toilet woes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there. I have a Cersanit close coupled toilet which as started leaking between the cistern and the bowl when flushed. I've taken the cistern off and this is what I see. I'm assuming the issue is with the silicon gasket (please see attached photos) but can't seem to find a replacement...
Replies
Views
Hi guys So a bit of a dilemma Normal WC Unit height 766mm which is around the average mark. quite alot of bogs lets say the flush pipe center from floor is 330-340ish. However I have a comfort height Pan here and the center to the flush pipe from floor is 405MM So we're looking 65-75mm...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind toilet. There's a concrete patio outside the bathroom, that extends about 10 feet from the wall. I'm considering adding an ADU in the back yard, and it...
Replies
Views
C
Hello My toilet flush is busted. The tank takes about 10 seconds to empty and it’s kind of showers down from the middle, rather than that sudden gush that surrounds the entire bowl. It does not generate enough force to really dispose of the waste. I replaced everything in the tank. The...
Replies
Views
Chris P
C
Suddenly my downstairs toilet stopped filling this week, I suspected a blockage in the filter or cistern itself, however after removal of everything it appears that there is no water coming in, its mains fed and no sign of leak anywhere , we have checked the isolation valve and its not faulty...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock