Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet Water Shut Off Valves Questions in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I was thinking about replacing the 3 x original Toilet Shut Off values as shown in the photo, in a property in Florida.
They are not leaking and still work. I fixed some water weld around the wall cover to make them more rigid.
Does anyone know if they are one piece? Or can the hose part be unscrewed at the bottom, keeping the 'Shut Off' section fixed to the wall pipe?
Can they be easily removed from the pipe without cutting the pipe?
All the water pipes are upvc.
I was thinking of hiring a professional to also replace the guts of each toilet too.
Thanks

toilet shut off.JPG

Update... After more research, these are commercial Flowtite stop valves. There are several videos on YouTube showing how to remove them. Thinking about it, all the taps are fitted with same brand too. I think I will inspect them and decide whether to replace the toilet ones.

Reply to Toilet Water Shut Off Valves Questions in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for advice please, our plumber has left us in it and I think I may know why. So they where supposed to be fitting a cloakroom sink putting the pipe work in the wall then fitting these black shut off valves and black trap but can’t see how this is possible the way the work has been...
Replies
Views
We have recently had water hammer issues. Plumbers have installed an arrestor near our kitchen sink and a device in the toilet cistern to slow water shut off. Worked for a bit, but hammer returned. This morning, while the toilet was refilling and the shower was on, there was a loud thud that...
Replies
Views
Bad leak inside bathroom walls at floor for three days. A gallon every hour. Shut off water for a few hours and leak stopped. Turned water back on and leak has not come back. What happened?
Replies
Views
Hi! Totally inexperienced DIY newbie so bear with me for descriptions! Pictures hopefully help. I’m trying to remove an unused downstairs toilet in our new house. It’s eventually going to be moved to the other side of the house. The seal around the back of the toilet had failed so I switched...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have to replace the flush valve and/or the washer but unfortunately it's inside the vanity unit. The only way is removing the toilet. I turned the screw on the cistern pipe to stop the water. I removed all the silicon around the toilet, now I can easily lift up the Front panel but...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock