Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet tank slowly over filling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rcookdps

Hi,

I have a problem where my toilet tank slowly continues to fill, say an inch every couple of hours until it hits the overflow tube.

The refill value does not appear to be leaking as if I flush the toilet and then hold the float up with an elastic band, the toilet tank will continue to fill! There is no obvious drip from the refill system and I dried the surface and it didn't appear to be wet once I checked it a few hours later.

The problem only occurred after my father made an adjustment to the refill valve to try and speed up refilling the toilet tank after each flush. Once this was done I noticed a leak on the outside of the toilet tank, where the pipe joins the refill system. I tightened this to fix the problem but since then the above has been occurring.

Is it likely to be the refill system, should I replace this next?

Any help appreciated, sorry if the terminology is incorrect!

Thanks

Hi there

You are refering to the cistern for your toilet

It sounfds like the ball valve has been damaged

You can either replace the washer that stops the water in this but for less than £10 you can buy a brand new float valve for it! I would go for that as they fill the toilet quicker and quieter now as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet tank slowly over filling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock