Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet Siphon diaphragm replacement? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys. One of the in-laws has an issue with her toilet not flushing. I’ve had a very quick look and it seems the plastic diaphragm has split in the siphon. It’s an older siphon but luckily it does split in to 2 so I don’t have to replace the whole thing, but that’s only if one of you good chaps no whether a spare is available? I’ll attach a photo for reference. Normally I would swap the whole thing but that’s normally because it’s not a 2 piece siphon. Cheers guys

Attachments

• 1B100837-2344-43DD-B8A7-401374A1DAC1.jpeg
    1B100837-2344-43DD-B8A7-401374A1DAC1.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 32F36353-254F-4B87-BA3E-0BCE3451CBA8.jpeg
    32F36353-254F-4B87-BA3E-0BCE3451CBA8.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 10
No need to replace whole siphon, replace washer only. Just need to dismantle which in this case is simple enough, have a look at washer, they do vary but replacements are available from good plumbers merchants. Most plumbers have a selection in their van.

Just get a piece of thick plastic or dpm and get the knife and scissors out

Just make your own diaphragm with a piece of plastic , carefully cut it out with a pair of scissors .

In a spot I use a rubble sack, can use a double thickness ie, cut 2, use old diaphragm for pattern.

If you dont want to make one your local merchants will sell a packet. Usually they are in packs of 5. less than £3

Reply to Toilet Siphon diaphragm replacement? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock