From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Toilet Siphon diaphragm replacement? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net - Electric and Water Underfloor Heating Systems
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

macka09

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys. One of the in-laws has an issue with her toilet not flushing. I’ve had a very quick look and it seems the plastic diaphragm has split in the siphon. It’s an older siphon but luckily it does split in to 2 so I don’t have to replace the whole thing, but that’s only if one of you good chaps no whether a spare is available? I’ll attach a photo for reference. Normally I would swap the whole thing but that’s normally because it’s not a 2 piece siphon. Cheers guys

Attachments

No need to replace whole siphon, replace washer only. Just need to dismantle which in this case is simple enough, have a look at washer, they do vary but replacements are available from good plumbers merchants. Most plumbers have a selection in their van.

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just get a piece of thick plastic or dpm and get the knife and scissors out

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Advent Win
Just make your own diaphragm with a piece of plastic , carefully cut it out with a pair of scissors .

Bulk Workwear - Workmans Clothing and Protective Gear
In a spot I use a rubble sack, can use a double thickness ie, cut 2, use old diaphragm for pattern.

moonlight

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Advent Win
If you dont want to make one your local merchants will sell a packet. Usually they are in packs of 5. less than £3

Reply to Toilet Siphon diaphragm replacement? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Wetroom Store - Official Forum Sponsor
Corgi Direct - Plumbers Forums Sponsor
uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net
Power Shower Booster - Official PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Plumbing Advice - Find Plumbers Jobs
Wetroom Store - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Bulk Workwear - Workwear Sponsor for Plumbers Forums
Test4Less PlumbersForums.net Sponsor