Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet/shower block pressure problems? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Illuminate

illuminate
Where I work we have problem with the hot taps pressure and temperature is quite poor. Apparently it has been poor for a while but was once much better. It is a commercial setting toilet block which is gravity fed from commercial sized tanks. The taps are mixer taps and mixer showers and I believe but I don't know for sure that the hot and cold supply are both from the tanks. I have not checked the set up yet and I don't fully understand plumbing to this scale. The system is pumped and I assume the pump works as other more experienced staff believe it is.

I am aware of airlocks but is this something that can occur in this large size system or more common in domestic settings.

Someone said to me that they think the problem started when the place opened again after being shut a while during covid restrictions.

Any ideas or advice welcome.

Thanks

High pressure taps on a low pressure system if you can best switch to individual taps

Reply to Toilet/shower block pressure problems? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have fitted an electric shower, teed off the toilet cold feed (Mains) The pressure for the shower is very very poor just dribbling out. Pressure is fine Lpm is fine Fitted loads like this before and never had a problem Any suggestions ?
Replies
Views
B
My soil pipe on the downstairs toilet seems to be partially blocked. Now I know it can be rodded but I was thinking of another way. With the toilet removed and exposing the soil pipe I was thinking of making a reducer to fit over the 4 inch pipe down to a garden hose pipe size and then turn the...
Replies
Views
When I turn on the shower or bath, initially the pump runs (quite loudly) and only a trickle comes out. I have to alternate turning on the bath and shower before I get a reasonable flow. Then once it is running, if the water is at maximum temperature on the mixer it flows smoothly, but as soon...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater systems in the house. This boiler was replaced by a combi boiler as it only heats the lounge and master bed and provides hot water to en-suite bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock