Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet seats in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Gbb

I inherited a one piece toilet with hidden connections for the toilet seat. There are no release buttons or even openings in the casing allowing to expose the screws. The toilet is mounted against the wall. How do I get to the screws to either tighten or remove the seat?

Thank you for the request.

1B27F9A1-CCF1-4E48-A0D7-C6FC174EDF95.jpeg

AA37DE95-893E-480E-A5B3-39CE5AF1E7DB.jpeg

BE0EA9F8-D537-41A0-8116-16CAD745B321.jpeg

Normally slide forwards (the base)

Think sprung loaded catches, so push, pull or twist anything that you can see. Failing that cut it off!

Thank you for your help and suggestions. I think I may have to go with cutting it off. It will slide forward and then back with slight force but no screws are exposed.

I inherited a one piece toilet with hidden connections for the toilet seat. There are no release buttons or even openings in the casing allowing to expose the screws. The toilet is mounted against the wall. How do I get to the screws to either tighten or remove the seat?
I've seen similar with grub screws to attach the seat to the base

Have you checked carefully, e.g. with a mirror and torch, that there aren't a couple bolts down through the pan secured with a washer and hexagon nuts underneath? The root cause of your problem could be that whoever attached the seat didn't install ferrules to keep the bolts centred in the oversized holes through the porcelain.

Reply to Toilet seats in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello! We have a wobbly toilet seat… it’s a back to wall toilet and whilst one fixing is secure the other is not, and it looks like the fitter didn’t really attach it all. How do I go about fixing this please! The seat in question is from Qualitex.
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone Doers anyone know how to remove this toilet seat? It has no push buttons or caps that I can see and I am trying to fathom out how to tighten it! Any help appreciated!
Replies
Views
A
I have a RAK toilet and seat, the seat keeps coming loose on one side, I tighten the screw but it doesn't last long. My question is will a replacement screw cure the problem or will I need to get a new seat?
Replies
Views
Where to source this type of toilet seat from ? Does anyone know where to source one of these nowadays, been advised it's about 35 years old now and was a french type one. Are the obsolete now, and only top or bottom connection fixings exist or are they source from a website possibly.? Any...
Replies
Views
Just moved into a new place and the toilet seat is super loose. Spent about 2 hours trying to figure out how to tighten this toilet seat. I did try unscrewing it from the bottom, took it out and inspected it but couldn't see any obvious way to tighten. Tried screwing the bottom screws in tigher...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock