Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet seats in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Gbb

I inherited a one piece toilet with hidden connections for the toilet seat. There are no release buttons or even openings in the casing allowing to expose the screws. The toilet is mounted against the wall. How do I get to the screws to either tighten or remove the seat?

Thank you for the request.

1B27F9A1-CCF1-4E48-A0D7-C6FC174EDF95.jpeg

AA37DE95-893E-480E-A5B3-39CE5AF1E7DB.jpeg

BE0EA9F8-D537-41A0-8116-16CAD745B321.jpeg

Normally slide forwards (the base)

Think sprung loaded catches, so push, pull or twist anything that you can see. Failing that cut it off!

Thank you for your help and suggestions. I think I may have to go with cutting it off. It will slide forward and then back with slight force but no screws are exposed.

I inherited a one piece toilet with hidden connections for the toilet seat. There are no release buttons or even openings in the casing allowing to expose the screws. The toilet is mounted against the wall. How do I get to the screws to either tighten or remove the seat?
I've seen similar with grub screws to attach the seat to the base

Have you checked carefully, e.g. with a mirror and torch, that there aren't a couple bolts down through the pan secured with a washer and hexagon nuts underneath? The root cause of your problem could be that whoever attached the seat didn't install ferrules to keep the bolts centred in the oversized holes through the porcelain.

Reply to Toilet seats in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock