Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet Seat Release Button Stuck in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, first time poster, part time DIYer.

Wonder if anyone can help: I've just fitted my existing toilet seat to a NEW top fixing hinge (left side only, right side was ok) and the hinge is now stuck in the seat/hinge cylinder. Basically, I lowered the seat onto the two hinges to get the alignment and the cylinder release buttons 'popped' to indicate a fit. Then I pushed in the two release buttons to release the seat but the left button one didn't pop out.

I managed to get the entire seat off from the basin (by unscrewing and pulling out the well nut) but the entire left fixing is literally just stuck in the seat and no amount of force is getting that sucker out. Tried prodding around the release button with a screwdriver to force pop-it but to no avail.

Anyone comes across this before and solved? - any advice much appreciated.

Fixings are standard well nut type:

fixings.jpg

Toilet seat hinge standard push-button release either side of seat:

top-fix-toilet-seat-clip-on-peg-hinge-kit-03062143-[4]-2011-p.jpg

Last edited:
Update: Just fixed it. After some searching found this video, demonstrating how to change/remove soft-close cylinder barrels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAtwFQ3FBzI

About 40s into the video gave me a clue to try swivelling the seat up and down repeatedly to find 'the sweet spot' - so after doing this a few times at varying speeds suddenly the push button popped back out, allowing me to remove the seat from the fixing.

I'd like to thank...myself...for the helpful reply :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet Seat Release Button Stuck in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock