Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet Running After Flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flash Kincade

Hi all,

I have a problem with my toilet whereby it expels water into the pan after the flush has finished and cistern has refilled. It's a fair amount of water - lasts for as long and sounds as if somebody's having a pee.
There's no slow trickle afterwards, it just does it's thing and stops. This is after each flush.
I've had the flush unit out and all appears to be normal - no dirt/limescale or visible wear and tear. I've changed the rubber washers to be sure there's no problem there but it has not fixed the problem.
Below is a picture of what I'm rocking inside my cistern.

Thanks in advance,

Flash

IMG_20160903_221936.jpg

When it's done the flush does it stop until it's full?

Once the flush finishes, the cistern refills and, just as the water reaches its level, that's when the excess water goes into the bowl.
At this point, water is still going into the cistern. As soon as the water stops, the excess water stops.

Sounds like the fill valve is the problem, it may be jamming so it doesn't stop filling and then goes through the overflow on the syphon.

I did have one the same a few week back and I replaced it with a fluidmaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet Running After Flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock