Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet push flush - how to fix cable back in place? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi , hoping someone may be able to advise - seems like this should be easy...

Came home to find that my wife had had a problem with the push button on toilet (sticking). She had taken it apart as below. I understand that the button should push down where I've drawn an arrow and the cable looks like it fits in at point 1 or 2. My assumption is the button pushes the cable enough to pull it out and flush the toilet, however, I can't find way to add sufficient tension that it pushes down. I assume the black bit circled needs held in place somewhere but it doesn't seem to stretch far enough to lock in place anywhere so the button can push it down? If anyone knows to avoid me having to replace I'd appreciate it. Is it missing a part?

Thanks in advance.

flusher.PNG

Reply to Toilet push flush - how to fix cable back in place? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I wonder if anyone is able to help with advice on this. We have fitted a new toilet and 6 litre cistern .. it flushes .. but not as efficiently as it should in my view. It usually needs at least 2 flushes to even shift just toilet paper. It hasn’t been used for anything other than that. It’s a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have been having water hammer after flushing toilet in the past couple of weeks. I have tried turning off the stopcock and opened all taps to drain all the water in pipes and toilet. The water hummer then fixed for a few flushes but it comes back. It's ok a few weeks ago before we fixed...
Replies
Views
I recently moved into a new flat and both toilets were dripping when not in use. I found that the issue was the flush valve seal and replaced it on both of them. It stopped the dripping but the issue now is that sometimes it sticks after flushing and I need to give it a wiggle to make it go back...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom floor when the cold feed for the loo turned off/ same with the washing machine. So I turned off the mains water supply. Opened the highest tap first...
Replies
Views
I need to replace my existing pneumatic button flush, as the rubber diaphragm that lifts the flush mechanism is leaking, and was wondering whether I should go for another pneumatic, or are cable ones more reliable? The outlet hole seems to be 40mm internally, but the pipe looks to be 50mm...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock