Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet not flushing problem in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

C

CCSwin

Hi

We have just moved into a 3yr old new build house i.e. someone else has lived here for 3yrs and we have just moved in.

We've been in for a few weeks and had no problem, however the toilet in the en-suite is now not flushing. The plunger device on the reverse side of the lid is a big circular disc and then that looks to push down a smaller disc. (I have a photo of the flush but am not sure how to upload on here?)

There doesn't look to be as much water in the bowl as there was before; so maybe i just need to add more water!?

Advice appreciated.

Many thanks

Fill cistern up to its line using a jug.
Replace the cistern lid, if everything flushes fine then you need to adjust/ replace the inlet valve.

If it doesn’t then you have an issue with the flush valve or button - there are so many of these that we can’t help unless you provide pictures.

Attach file to add pictures etc

Reply to Toilet not flushing problem in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a 1980's toilet and it normaly works by: 1.When flushed the deposit in the bowl is sucked out 2. the bowl fills up again with clean water. This is not happening now, when flushed the water fills the toilet bowl then emptys and refils. What can I do? Is it a profesional plumber callout?
Replies
Views
Hey Guys I’ve noticed this weekend that my en-suite toilet pan water level is seeming to regress after an hour. Toilet flushes as normal and water levels are all fine in the cistern. If I flush the toilet and wait all looks fine. However after an hour the water levels have dropped by a couple...
Replies
Views
Hi, So i have lived in my house for 20+ years, (1990 build) its a detached property, corner plot with various manholes in the garden. In the last year I've noticed i can hear when my neighbor flush their toilet through my downstairs toilet - this is a relatively new thing, so am assuming its...
Replies
Views
A few years ago I installed a wall hung toilet pan in my last house which did not flush well when disposing of waste solids. The water would rise up to the rim then dissipate and usually required further flushing to complete the disposal. I don't recall the brand but the wall mounting frame was...
Replies
Views
T
Hi all, seeking advice on my toilet. (Layman here, please be gentle with me.) When we flush the loo upstairs, it flushes fine (therefore assuming no suggestion of any actual blockage) but after the flush we get a rumbly gurgling from deep within the pipework somewhere and the water level in the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock