• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss toilet leaking in the Looking for a Plumber? Post Jobs Here area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

My toilet is leaking. After flushing there is water flowing. It is clean water so I wonder what that is. Please, can you advise further?

thanks,
Naveen

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
So flush pipe does it leak from the cistern or from the connection to the pan

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.

The connection on the pan from the flush pipe

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
Looks like your going to have to strip it and replace the flush cone

Need to make sure it’s not running down from high up first

Also need to make sure your flush pipe is the correct length eg not short

It is something
Looks like your going to have to strip it and replace the flush cone

Need to make sure it’s not running down from high up first

Also need to make sure your flush pipe is the correct length eg not short
This is much appreciated! How much will it cost me to have it done you think?

Stigster

Esteemed
Plumber
Cost is a difficult one as rates are different in different areas but if you showed a local plumber that photo they'd know what they were dealing with and I would assume around an hour's labour and just a few pounds for a new seal. It's not a major job.

Reply to toilet leaking in the Looking for a Plumber? Post Jobs Here area at PlumbersForums.net