Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet keep blocking - suspected problem with WC connector. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a problem. We've just had a toilet fitted and its already blocking up. We can clear the blockages with a lot of plunging but it doesn't take much to block it back up. Also the flow rate of the flush seems lacklustre even when not blocked - it doesn't seem strong enough to pull the paper down in one flush.

The TLDR: IS the excess outlet pipe in the 90 degree connector restricting the flow and can I just disassemble it and cut off the excess to increase the flow and stop the blockages.

N.B calling the plumber back is not an option. This is one of about 5-10 problems and we don't want the guy anywhere near this house again.

View attachment Pic3.jpg

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I'm not familiar in any way with plumbing, but this is what I think is happening...

I believe the plumber has used 2 pan connectors fixed together to span the horizontal distance between the existing soil pipe and the toilet spigot. Maybe this is standard practice (i don't know). Now by looking in the boss I can see the outlet of the first connector coming too far into the second connector (which is a right-angle) and that is reducing flow and causing blockages.

MORE PICTURES IN ATTACHED PDF.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Toilet.pdf
    21.2 MB · Views: 41
Only certain pan connectors are trimmable. But definitely being restricted by that other pan connector pushing into other one. Extend soil pipe and 90 bend in soil pipe and pan connector into that strap on boss for smaller pipe. Or you could tee for the toilet and put what I assume is basin waste into tee via adapter.

Well I can see why you don`t want the muppet back! Wrong horizontal fitting used and basically blocking the exit point.
My McAlpine book is in the van but pretty sure that they will have the first and correct fitting you need.

Reply to Toilet keep blocking - suspected problem with WC connector. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock