Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet help slight glug. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, my toilet makes a very slight glug sound after flushing and has tiny bubbles once filling back up.

Everything else seems to be working OK. For reference my toilet is up on the third floor and I'm useless with DIY, im covered with British gas so I'm hoping it would only be a 60 pound call out fee.

Hi all, my toilet makes a very slight glug sound after flushing and has tiny bubbles once filling back up.

Everything else seems to be working OK. For reference my toilet is up on the third floor and I'm useless with DIY, im covered with British gas so I'm hoping it would only be a 60 pound call out fee.
Go buy an old fashioned string floor mop. Wet the head up and vigorously work up and down into the bottom of the toilet pan, this should clear any partial blockage...the hydraulic pressure this method generates is awesome. Centralheatking

Reply to Toilet help slight glug. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Evening all! Looking for a bit of help. Today my downstairs toilet gurgled when I put the tap on in the bathroom, The toilet filled and became blocked. Ive tried to plunge it to no avail and now if I flush my up stairs toilet, downstairs toilet fills with dirty water. It also fills up with more...
Replies
Views
T
Hi all, seeking advice on my toilet. (Layman here, please be gentle with me.) When we flush the loo upstairs, it flushes fine (therefore assuming no suggestion of any actual blockage) but after the flush we get a rumbly gurgling from deep within the pipework somewhere and the water level in the...
Replies
Views
Hi sorry im a newbie, pls help if u can. I had a new bathroom installed about a yr ago and since then when i flush the toilet the room stinks of sewer gas. Not only does the b/room stink it also smells in the kitchen too, which is directly below the toilet/b-room. It doesnt do it everytime...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
I wonder if anyone is able to help with advice on this. We have fitted a new toilet and 6 litre cistern .. it flushes .. but not as efficiently as it should in my view. It usually needs at least 2 flushes to even shift just toilet paper. It hasn’t been used for anything other than that. It’s a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock