Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet flushing problem in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

M

Mary Mary

Hi, can anyone explain why my toilet does not flush the contents away now that I have had a new cistern fitted. The plumber came back and adjusted the volume of water in the cistern, then came back and replaced the mechanism which began sticking, preventing it filling up. Still I have this problem. It was suggested the bowl was at fault as it is old, possibly having scale round the rim preventing an even flow. It seems unlikely as this would have happened before. I am at a loss as to what to do!

If you only had a cistern replaced, then you might not be getting the correct flush volume for the pan. Regulations state that new cisterns be water saving, however I believe (unless it changed) that you can install a cistern and alter the flush volume for the pan, depending on pan age. Can you post a photo of the water level in the cistern? What cistern have you had installed?

Reply to Toilet flushing problem in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock