Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet flush valve identification + advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stevex

Hello,

Please can anyone help me identify what brand/model of flush valve this is? It looks rather distinctive, but I can't find out what it is for the life of me.

There is a small but constant stream of water into the toilet bowl from the cistern, which it noisily tries to refill. If you hold the water inlet shut, the water will trickle out until the cistern is pretty much empty.

As far as I can tell the flush valve seal and everything else look and feel ok, but it's leaking for reasons I can't determine. I assume it's not shutting the seal fully, so thought a new flush valve would be next stop.

Am I correct in saying that if I can't find an identical replacement for this valve, I'll end up needing to take the cistern off the wall to replace the plastic fixing underneath the valve? There isn't a standard fixing to attach the valves to the base? (Another image of the clips it uses attached). This seems to be true from the other flush valves I have seen. I didn't really want to take the cistern off if I can help it! (complete novice!)

Thanks for any help,
Steve

Attachments

• DSC02083.jpg
    DSC02083.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC02082.jpg
    DSC02082.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 34
wirquin

but half the time its faster to replace the lot and take the cistern off the wall if you decide that was fluid master are a good make

The bottom looks similar to a fluidmaster, maybe one will slot in to the existing base?

Its a simple rubber washer ,,, remove the flush valve again like in your pics and the rubber seal at the very bottom looks like its part of the plastic but simply pull it off and youll be able to measure the outer diameter and the inner one to determine which seal size you need ,,,,
My guess is the w stands for wirquin but its a guess lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet flush valve identification + advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock