Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet flush valve and ball valve in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone,

The flush button on my toilet has stopped working. I have been quoted £95 to supply and fit a new flush valve and £75 to supply and fit a new ball valve. Please could someone kindly advise if this is a reasonable price?

Thank you.

It depends on who you’re using and what’s involved. If it’s the old style type which involves cutting off bolts that’s a decent price, if it’s the bayonet type flush valve then it seems steep, and steep for either type flush valve unless it’s all concealed?

It depends on who you’re using and what’s involved. If it’s the old style type which involves cutting off bolts that’s a decent price, if it’s the bayonet type flush valve then it seems steep, and steep for either type flush valve unless it’s all concealed?

Thanks for your reply. He didn’t mention about cutting bolts off, to me it looks like replacing one fluidmaster for another. He said about it needing a bigger connecting piece which are hard to find? I’ve attached a photo.

Attachments

• 42E406CB-BBF2-4240-BFF3-DEE17E6D24B3.png
    42E406CB-BBF2-4240-BFF3-DEE17E6D24B3.png
    1,020 KB · Views: 17
Looks easy enough, parts seem readily available - perhaps obtain a different quote from someone else?

Edit: how concealed is it? Top access only?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a low level cistern, which are easier to work on than close coupled.
Seems a bit high, especially for doing both jobs - as the second one will only take 10 minutes and you are there already.

They may have been priced like that in case you choose to only get him to do one of the jobs??

Ask what price is to do both jobs in one visit.

I am assuming there is an easy way to isolate the water supply.

If it’s tank fed and there’s no isolation, then it’s a reasonable price for the inlet valve .

Reply to Toilet flush valve and ball valve in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock