Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet flush problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

MSP

Hi,

We have been having issues with our toilet flush for some time. Lots of times it does not work in the first or even the second go and flushing the toilet releases a small amount of water. When we let it fill up again(second or third go) and then try and flush, it releases all the water and works properly. Sometimes it would work fine even in the first go! It’s really driving us nuts!
We even had the plumber over, who replaced the siphon but it has not solved the problem. Does anybody have any suggestions?
Thanks,
MS

55202DDC-64E9-4999-BBF9-9CDA8A257EB5.jpeg

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Yes it is under water, I have not measured it but I think it is more than 10mm.
It used to work alright until last month when we started experiencing these problems. Now it only works alright in first go in only 2 out of 10 times.

Thanks,
MS

Flush the toilet where on the siphon does it go down to

Flush the toilet where on the siphon does it go down to

I will have a closer look when I am back home this afternoon but from memory it only release 20 percent or so of water when it does not flush properly. But when it does work properly then it releases almost all of water.

Split in syphon diaphragm? I know you said it was replaced but could have been damaged?

The plumber had a look and confirmed its all ok. In fact the problem started happening before the syphon was replaced. Changing. Of syphon was done to fix the issue but it has not made any difference.

The plumber had a look and confirmed its all ok. In fact the problem started happening before the syphon was replaced. Changing. Of syphon was done to fix the issue but it has not made any difference.

Was it a like for like syphon?

Has this one got a torn diaphragm like the last one. Never had one torn from new myself but not impossible. Relatively easy to look at.

When you try to flush and it won’t, is it possible there is no water in the cistern? The reason I ask is that the float looks wound up unusually high as if the inlet valve is in need of a new diaphragm.

Other than that I agree with Riley, it absolutely sounds like a torn/damaged syphon diaphragm , or possible the seam of the syphon flexing apart as the handle is operated (or on those turbo 88 an oring missing from the downleg)

Reply to Toilet flush problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock