Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet flush/drainage problems? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marc03

Hi,
to flush my toilet I had to pumpthe handle to get a good flush and I mean like 10 pumps, then flush would work as per normal.
After years of this I decided to change the gubbins inside the tank I mean the whole lot and also a push button instead of handle.
I used a fluid master float valve. Flush valve with flapper and button. Instead of the old floating ball system I did have.
I've put toilet back together no leaks but the problem I have is when I go and flush, it flushes but the water in the pan raises up to the rim of the pan then really slowly goes down.
I was not having this problem at all before I changed the gubbins of the tank. I've tried upping and lowering water level in tank but this still does not work and tried opening flapper different speeds.
Any advice please?

Thanks

The problem is after the pan not before it . You have a blocked drain or almost blocked drain

You need to pull out the toilet and retrieve the plastic rim block holder.

just thought its not syphonic wc is it because they need whats called a syphon bomb. when you changed the gubbins was there a part that came off the bottom of the cistern and went into a hole in the pan (attached to the cistern outlet)...?

but i was not having this problem before i changed the gubbins in the tank? so why would there now be blockage in waste pipe?
im at a loss with this but ill try anything

The same reason anyone's drain blocks up clumps of bog roll tampons sanitary towels and kin BABY WIPES

is it a wc that normally fills a bit then all of a sudden pulls the water down or a modern wash down type ( water goes as fast as coming in). Just thinking about syphonic. seen it loads people dont refit the syphon bomb..

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry i did not explain properly but the toilet has not been used since ive changed the the parts so thats why im a bit confussed with it all.

is it a really old loo or say post 90's.could be dried up bog roll. if its not an old syphonc its the drain as irish said. and that's a whip it out and look or get ur manhole up..

hi whyme yes i think i did have one of those bombs on there, ill post pic if i can now, also the loo is at least 15 years old.

yeah post a pic if it did have one which looks like a thin thing with a bung like bit on it then the loo wont work unless you can refit it or get one to fit the new syphon.. pic me.

GetAttachment.aspx

no i meant side on to the toilet..the bit u put ur arse on go go.

no.
not from the top, side means side.

If I remember correctly it was like that and coming out of the green tube

A ha got there in the end :) thank you all for your help and comments and special mention to whyme for solving it.
Now guys could you possibly point me in the right direction of solving this? I take it the 20 odd quid I payed for the flapper flush was waste of money then so don't fancy wasting anymore.
Cheers guys

Have a look at Lunns on line, they are not cheap (£65 a pop). Alternatively you could just fit a new toilet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet flush/drainage problems? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock