Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet Flush Button Stuck in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Is it a rubber donut or foam

No the one between the toilet pan and cistern ?

Eg like this top right rubber

Eg like this top right rubber

Ah right, so theres supposed a rubber doughnut on the flush valve steam (which theres is) AND on the underside of the pan where the locknut is? I didnt replace the original one that was there.

Correct you have the one that seals the flush /siphon to the cistern but your missing the one between the pan and cistern

eg

Yes aslong as it’s not damaged or misshaped

Got another problem now, I've disassembled the toilet again. When I put the old rubber doughnut over the new lock nut its loose and I don't think it should be like. Basically the diameter of the hole in the doughnut is much bigger than the diameter of the locknut. The old lock nut was a bigger diametere but will not fit on the new flush valve thread.
Does this mean I need a new rubber doughnut of a different size? The kit came with one but it said use that on the upper side of the thread because I have a 2 1/4" outlet.
I've attached photos of old doughnut and new locknut. Also my toilet didn't have those metal brackets that come in those doughnut kits.

Attachments

• IMG_2252.JPG
    IMG_2252.JPG
    308.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2253.JPG
    IMG_2253.JPG
    285.6 KB · Views: 4
If you can put the old one on the toilet centre it as best you can in the hole if you have any silicon grease or vaseline you can use a small amount to stop it moving around

then to the best of your ability centre the cistern over the hole and slowly lower it down onto the toilet being careful not to move the washer too much and then tighten the bolts up

try that might work if not you need a new foam or rubber donut

Now I can't get the inlet valve to thread onto the bottom of the fill valve, I did it before so not sure whats going on. Will just have to keep trying.

Be careful not to cross thread the valve

Reply to Toilet Flush Button Stuck in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock