Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet flange leak in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

got a bit of a problem. Had a blockage in toilet but sorted ok now. But this flange has started leaking and wondered if it could be fixed or has it got to be replaced as it looks very old?. Does anyone know what is made of?

Attachments

• CD726755-384A-4650-B727-FC5D6D1A81B4.jpeg
    CD726755-384A-4650-B727-FC5D6D1A81B4.jpeg
    349.9 KB · Views: 11
I take it it’s leaking from the hole? Looks like sealant of some kind has been used, if you need to replace the pan connector, do so, and re-fill, using a sand/cement mix. If it’s just the hole, it might be the blockage isn’t fully clear? But sand/cement would be used to fill.

I take it it’s leaking from the hole? Looks like sealant of some kind has been used, if you need to replace the pan connector, do so, and re-fill, using a sand/cement mix. If it’s just the hole, it might be the blockage isn’t fully clear? But sand/cement would be used to fill.
Hi thanks for your reply. The hole wasn’t there before the blockage but i noticed this morning it was leaking on the floor. then when I used a plunger it sucked that bit in. Now when I flush I can see in the hole that it weeps a bit but not severe. I might just take the connector pipe out to make sure it’s not blocked and then do as you say and fill it with sand and cement mix.

Well just an update on my situation that I have now rectified. Basically the pipe was blocked and as previous owner had used a 4” connecting pipe to a 3.5” iron pipe so was not gas/water tight and the blockage was causing the water to come out the unsealed pipe.

Reply to Toilet flange leak in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I fix what I can around the house myself and have fixed a few toilets but I need help with this one. This toilet keeps running and stopping, running and stopping, etc. I've cleaned the rubber flapper itself and at the point that it contacts the reservoir, so I don't think it's leaking from...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled toilet with a more affordable model. This new toilet is a back-to-wall type featuring a concealed cistern within a separate unit. Since its installation...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I have a Cersanit close coupled toilet which as started leaking between the cistern and the bowl when flushed. I've taken the cistern off and this is what I see. I'm assuming the issue is with the silicon gasket (please see attached photos) but can't seem to find a replacement...
Replies
Views
Not exactly a plumbing problem but here goes. I have known for a couple of years there was a water leak somewhere between the water meter, on our property, and the property itself. The water company fitted a new (smart) meter about 4 weeks ago. Now they have contacted us saying we have a leak...
Replies
Views
Hey All. I have a basic question about installation of a toilet flange..... I'm remodeling a bathroom and I had a plumber remove all the old ductile iron plumbing and replace it with new SCHD. 40 PVC. Everything was done except the installation of the new toilet flange which had to wait until I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock