Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet Fill Valve in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Well this is a bit embarrassing, i am a plumber but took early retirement about 22 years back, things have moved on considerably since then. About three years back i fitted a comfort toilet in our cloakroom, a couple of years later the fill valve broke, well not exactly broke the washer failed, i couldn't get the right washer for it anywhere, life was much easier when i was still plumbing. Anyway i got a Fluidmaster fill valve from Screwfix, its worked fine but lately it randomly lets water into the cistern for maybe 3 to 4 seconds, maybe 2 to 3 times a day. Its got me beat, water level in cistern is fine,no leaks, and it doesn't appear to seep water into the pan.

Any Suggestions

Reply to Toilet Fill Valve in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a troublesome fixed 15mm copper pipe with isolation valve going to my toilet fill valve. It's too tight for a Flexi hose. Can I use a push fit tap connector instead which will give me more flexibility in fitting?
Replies
Views
Toilet continuously flushing/cistern filling. This happens regardless of what else is going on within the house (videos were taken before and after a shower but this happens seemingly randomly and probably happens when no one is home). As a result my water bill has considerably increased but I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have to replace the flush valve and/or the washer but unfortunately it's inside the vanity unit. The only way is removing the toilet. I turned the screw on the cistern pipe to stop the water. I removed all the silicon around the toilet, now I can easily lift up the Front panel but...
Replies
Views
Has anyone got an idea what make concealed cistern this maybe? I need a new full valve for it. Thanks
Replies
Views
Suddenly my downstairs toilet stopped filling this week, I suspected a blockage in the filter or cistern itself, however after removal of everything it appears that there is no water coming in, its mains fed and no sign of leak anywhere , we have checked the isolation valve and its not faulty...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock