Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet doesn't flush properly. in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

R

roz bea

One of my toilets has air bubbles coming up every once in a while. Sometimes the toilet fills up to the top and goes down slowly. It seems to flush solids and liquids, but the paper doesn't go down. Now I've had two plumbers who couldn't fix it plus Thames Water and Dyno-rod to clear blocks, but say my drains aren't blocked. And my other toilet does not have this problem.

I need a plumber who knows what this is and can fix it....please?

Could also be a venting issue.

Best option. get someone to camera the drain.
Have found in the past, weird things flushed down the toilet, which catch on things and cause the same problems you have

There are a few things that could be causing your back-to-wall toilet not to flush properly. Here are a few things to check:
  • The flapper: The flapper is the rubber seal that sits between the toilet tank and the bowl. If the flapper is damaged or worn, it can cause water to leak into the bowl and prevent the toilet from flushing properly.
  • The flush valve: The flush valve is the mechanism that controls the flow of water into the toilet bowl. If the flush valve is faulty, it can cause water to leak into the bowl and prevent the toilet from flushing properly.
  • The water supply line: The water supply line is the tube that connects the toilet to the water supply. If the water supply line is clogged or damaged, it can prevent the toilet from flushing properly.
  • The toilet bowl: The toilet bowl is the part of the toilet that you sit on. If the toilet bowl is cracked or damaged, it can prevent the toilet from flushing properly.
If you've checked all of these things and your toilet is still not flushing properly, it's best to call a plumber. They will be able to diagnose the problem and fix it for you.

Reply to Toilet doesn't flush properly. in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock