Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet discharge pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

crabbie

Hi all.
I currently have a toilet in my bathroom and am building an en-suit next door to the bathroom. I want to put a second toilet in but want to know if I can plumb it in on the same discharge pipe as the bathroom toilet so effectively have 2 toilets on the same discharge pipe?

Also I am putting a shower and wash basin in the same room and want to know if I can plumb the shower and basin into the same waste pipe on 40mm or 50mm waste with an AAV on the basin waste trap.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yes you can add a toilet to a 4" pipe no problem if you are carefull that one toilet won't flow into the other when flushed. That means keeping the level of connections different or lower than the pans usually.
The shower and basin will be no problem to add on. As you are rightly thinking, you have to be sure that the traps won't be sucked out when water is going down the waste and a Hep trap will prevent this. Keep basin waste and shower waste seperate pipes obviously

The toilet is already on a good drop, so was thinking of putting a T into it and running the new toilet pipework into it, this way it won't flow into the existing toilet, but past it. The shower and basin I'm thinking of running the shower waste past the basin and putting in a T to the basin and then running the single pipe out into the soil stack.

The toilet is already on a good drop, so was thinking of putting a T into it and running the new toilet pipework into it, this way it won't flow into the existing toilet, but past it. The shower and basin I'm thinking of running the shower waste past the basin and putting in a T to the basin and then running the single pipe out into the soil stack.

Is this crabbie or somebody else?

Best you don't join the basin and shower waste into one pipe, unless you are using a 4" pipe.

If you are doing this new bathroom and are NOT registered as a competent person, eg with Benchmark or similar organisation, the installation of a NEW bathroom that either modifies existing plumbing work work or installs new plumbing including but not excluding connection to the sewage system is a notifiable job to Your local Building Control. The job must be reported to BC before commencement. For further information see https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...604_Building_Work_Leaflet_amended_version.pdf

When you come to,sell the property, re mortgage or similar you will need to provide the certification from building control. Getting it signed off after the event is costly and sometimes not possible. We recently got to within 5 days of exchange of contracts on a purchase to find that a new wet room created as an en suite had not been signed off by BC. Long story short, plumbing and electrics where incorrect the room had to be re done losing the vendor ÂŁ10,000.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet discharge pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, just want to get advice, i want to replace venten to unvented cylinder, is it ok to install D2 pipe to toilet waste pipe see picture? as there is no easy options to get it outside.
Replies
Views
Hi guys question about saniflos đź’© I'm working at a property that the entire place was fed off a sani, that's packed up, blocked the line entirely and they've urgently had to get me to replace and make some changes, initially I was going to install a sanivite for the kitchen sink separately...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind toilet. There's a concrete patio outside the bathroom, that extends about 10 feet from the wall. I'm considering adding an ADU in the back yard, and it...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock