Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet Damping Grease in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I am looking to obtain some toilet damping grease for slow close toilet lid. The grease is of extremely thick sticky consistency and translucent. I have found a source in China, Keermo KM-508 but would like to source something similar in UK. Does anyone know of any grease suitable for this job as the ones I have found so far are useless.

I used to use a very thick grease years ago for a non plumbing use called Rocol Kilopoise.
Unfortunately no longer available, probably due to one of the ingredients being banned.
There's an alternative but it's very expensive, PG44a £35 plus vat for 50gram

Have you tried Vaseline, that's quite thick.

I used to use a very thick grease years ago for a non plumbing use called Rocol Kilopoise.
Unfortunately no longer available, probably due to one of the ingredients being banned.
There's an alternative but it's very expensive, PG44a £35 plus vat for 50gram

Have you tried Vaseline, that's quite thick.
Thanks for your suggestion regarding PG44A. Further investigation led me to Tribosyn PG44A. The company selling it states "Tribosyn PG44A is a match/equivalent to the Nye Lubricants PG-44A grease – same formulation and performance but a lower price, so we are recommending customers switch to Tribosyn PG44A."

At £19.50+VAT for a 30g jar its worth a try.

Vaseline just isn't thick or tacky enough

Reply to Toilet Damping Grease in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock