Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet cistern identification? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hey guys.

A friend of mine has an old outside low level toilet and I’m wondering whether the cistern May contain asbestos. I’ve added a Picture of it to see if it helps. Cheers

B197E5DA-C563-4A39-95DF-D6E0202974CF.jpeg

If it’s being removed then it needs to be double bagged and labelled it contains asbestos. Think you may need a license to transport it as well?

It most certainly does contain asbestos. All the old style black cisterns and toilet seats were made with asbestos. Very low risk as the fibres are too well bonded to cause any concern. But will still need disposing of properly if being removed.

bakelite so yes tbh i dont think you will break it taking it off the wall tough of old boots

You might find your local council
tip will take it if it's bagged up
Our local used to take any so long as it was double bagged. They changed it a few years ago now where you can still take it but have to apply for the bags specifically from the council and there's a 20kg limit. Any more costs you an arm and a leg. Ridiculous how the government knew it was dangerous but still insisted on using it in just about every construction product, simply because it's cheap and amazingly versatile. But then charge us stupid amounts money to dispose of it.

Our local used to take any so long as it was double bagged. They changed it a few years ago now where you can still take it but have to apply for the bags specifically from the council and there's a 20kg limit. Any more costs you an arm and a leg. Ridiculous how the government knew it was dangerous but still insisted on using it in just about every construction product, simply because it's cheap and amazingly versatile. But then charge us stupid amounts money to dispose of it.

easier to find a local ab firm i know ours locally and they let us dump a bag or two in there approved site skip if any more its normally beer money

Reply to Toilet cistern identification? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock