Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet cistern flush max capacity question in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

N

New Person

Hello
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to buy a toilet which has cistern flush capacity (not sure if I have phrased that correctly) of more than 6LTRs?

We previously had a Royal Doulton toilet which was accidentally thrown away when had the bathroom changed. New toilet is one of these modern water saving things which doesn't flush properly at all. Looking to replace it.

Old cistern large, and flush was very powerful and had higher volume of water with each flush. Really need to replace current one with one like this

Also what does dual flush mean? Also what is the nearest material to Royal Doulton? Need a stain free good quality ceramic/ china.

Thanks in advance

No it’s not possible to purchase a new one with a flush volume of greater than 6 litres due to water regulations (wastage of water). However because your previous toilet held that amount, if the pan was designed to flush that volume, the you’re allowed to purchase a siphon with altering capabilities, however if you’re replacing the whole toilet, then 6 litres still applies. Hope that makes sense.

Have a look at heritage

Dual Flush is a water-saving design for a toilet. It is created with the internal flush valve allowing two separate flushing volumes for disposing of the waste. This type of cistern gives you the choice between a half flush for disposing of liquid waste or a full flush for disposing of solid waste.

Reply to Toilet cistern flush max capacity question in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock