Search the forum,

Discuss to drain or not to drain in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moving a rad in a flat, all on one level. Running of a condensing boiler. Rad to be moved has the drain off. Straight forward rework of the flow and returns but:

Do I drain the whole system even tho the main f and r pipework is all below the drain off so wont empty.

Or shut off all lock sheild and trvs on the other rads on just drain off from the valve to drop the pressure

Either way surely when I split the sub floor pipework theyll still be holding a lot of water at atmospheric pressure. Tips?

I would drain every drop as when you "re work" you will be flooded. A wet vac or a length of 1/4" rubber hose to syphon water out? Don't do it wet you will regret it. Don't forget to add inhibitor when u have finished - obviously after you have flushed the new pipework with sludge and flux remover!

No when u cut flow and return on a combi it can have a wee due to the Aav on the Jackie fouler

Want my number for when it goes belly up?
a flat? If they have people bellow you need to be careful!!
got public liability insurance?

So youre cutting under the floor?
drain the lot, rads aswell, bucket or container under where you will cut and towels on hand, get a wetvac to hoover from the container then the pipes.
push fit caps on hand to whack on if its abit much to deal with!

how long you been plumbing?
and where are ya in kent?

Dont be silly... Ignore rest of comments, live life on wild side and get those pushfit fittings whacked on

Want my number for when it goes belly up?
how long you been plumbing?
and where are ya in kent?

Cheers mate pm me just incase! Yes cutting under the floor hence the drain down queries. Especially with doing the New hot works i want it empty.

Im in Folkestone, and technically a newbie. just a formailty 3rd site visit before I can sign of my level 2 NVQ.

Was working as a joiner before setting out recently on my own. Me and my wife are on our third house renovation now. On the first I decided id spend the money I would in plumbers fees on training myself with OLCI.

Pipe your rad up to the connection, drop the pressure and cut it in and slap a push fit on.
There is more water drips of the end of your knob than will come out.

Stick a compression on then. Same difference.
If you want to solder it sit there with an ice cream container catching water for an hour or 2 or freeze it.
Its your choice, your time, your customers money unless you gave them a price.

Just lift pipes up so no drips on last joint, then drop back to right height and tie in to rad

Completely drama free installation (touch wood). There was a little water left in the main F&R pipework but nothing serious. Job done bathcourt_after.jpg

Just open the drain off untill the water stops... Should open be a bucket full, once you are happy its stopped cut and use a compression fitting. I would only do one pipe at a time and have a pushfit stop end handy just incase

Why did you only paint a small white patch? It doesn't even look like a radiator? Symmetry is a bit lost on you! Nice work glad it went ok.

ground floor let it goupper floors get a sound rubish sack under it and whack a couple of valves on

I don't see a trv on there.....unless it's tucked into the corner, either way that wasn't very well thought out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to to drain or not to drain in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock