Search the forum,

Discuss Tip - Ideal Vogue Max - Separating DHW and CH Temps in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone,

My Ideal Vouge Max 26 was installed a few years back, all works fine. Its an S plan setup, but I've always been amazed that the temperature for the water tank and the central heating were the same and 'couldn't' be separated (according to the Ideal registered plumber who installed and services my boiler - nice chap).

This may be super obvious to experienced, but I wanted to post this tip so others can follow to separate hot water and central heating temperatures from each other - I couldn't find a guide anywhere and I think this is only relevant to S Plan setup too. The boiler has two Switched Live connections (SL1, SL2). Previously only SL1 was used which was linked to the hot water or central heating valves (via a wiring box). Simply, for this Ideal boiler, SL1 can be for central heating and SL2 can be for hot water. Central heating temperature is then set using the dial on the boiler to whatever you want it. Hot water temperature is the max boiler temperature which can be set in the settings menu to whatever you want it. If the central heating and hot water are on at the same time, the temperature defaults to the hot water setting. I had to add a new wire from the wiring box to the boiler of course, so each valve controls SL1 and SL2 independently.

This has saved me money and gas already. even with a 5c differential between HW and CH ! :)

Reply to Tip - Ideal Vogue Max - Separating DHW and CH Temps in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock