Search the forum,

Discuss Timer and Thermostat Update in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

N

Nicholas Sims

Hi all,

I have a mechanical timer (5 wire not including ground) by the boiler for heating & water and a thermostat in the living room.

The timer keeps missing switches so not coming on/off automatically. I could replace it like for like but I'm considering removing it and changing the thermostat to control everything from there.

Is it a simple task with some wires joined together or is it a big rewire that requires a professional?

Thanks in Advance.

You could chance it for a new timer easy enough but depending on your knowledge you could upgrade to an all in one eg nest etc

It’s not just joining some wires together, nor is it a big rewire, just tracing the wires in the wiring center.

Normally an easy thing to do if you’re confident/competent enough. Ideally we could be more guiding if we knew the model of timer coming out and the new one going in

Reply to Timer and Thermostat Update in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock