Search the forum,

Discuss Timer and Thermostat Update in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

N

Nicholas Sims

Hi all,

I have a mechanical timer (5 wire not including ground) by the boiler for heating & water and a thermostat in the living room.

The timer keeps missing switches so not coming on/off automatically. I could replace it like for like but I'm considering removing it and changing the thermostat to control everything from there.

Is it a simple task with some wires joined together or is it a big rewire that requires a professional?

Thanks in Advance.

You could chance it for a new timer easy enough but depending on your knowledge you could upgrade to an all in one eg nest etc

Reply to Timer and Thermostat Update in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi folks, hoping someone can help with a problem that's been perplexing me since just before Christmas..... I have a wet underfloor heating system installed in 2003 and manufactured by Underfloor Direct in NI - Now out of business. It's one of their triple tube systems and hasn't given me much...
Replies
Views
D
hello! while saving up for a new plumbing and heating installation for my new one bedroom flat, i did a lot of research on different boilers and systems, sought some advice, and settled on a viessmann vitodens 050-w, seems to offer a lot in terms of features and reliability, offers good value...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, i was looking for advice on what hive I need to buy. my daughter bought a new build house and she want to switch the existing thermostat control to a hive system. she has a logic system s15 boiler in her kitchen with is linked with a Siemens rwb27si timer under it. she has 2...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Customer complains of Intermittent heating on Y plan with Stat satisfied. New boiler fitted last year (no permanent live required or fitted previously) on an existing Y plan system. Existing timer was a Randall 103 (no hot water off position as its a timer not a programmer). The customer wanted...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock