From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Tile and Tiling: wall preparation in the Tile Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Tile News

Tile Advice
Official Sponsor
Hi everyone. In process of having bathroom improved (shower installation over bath) and i will need to do tiling around bath myself due to budget restrictions. Need advice please!
New tiles are 24.5 x 19.5 cm and about 5mm thick. I have purchased Bal White Star adhesive and Bal SBR primer. It is a downstairs bathroom in old cottage.
When i removed the old tiles (which were only on lower area) quite large sections of thin plaster skim came off with them. I chipped away until all loose sections appeared to be off. (Areas up to 100cm x 50cm). Underneath appears to be rough sand/cement type surface. I then filled in these areas with patching plaster but am not happy with it. It appears very soft and crumbly. I think i should remove this and repatch with something stronger? What should i use please? (Plasterboarding is not an option due to it already being a very tight space). I need to get the existing wall surface in a suitable condition to take the tiles securely. Would really appreciate your advice.

wall preparation for more information and to reply to this

This RSS Feed has posted this content from our Tile Advice forum. Free advice on tiling tools, tiling courses, and all wall and floor tiling questions.

Reply to Tile and Tiling: wall preparation in the Tile Forum area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.