From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Tile and Tiling: Setting out advice in the Tile Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Tile News

Tile Advice
Official Sponsor
Hi there,

Im a DIY tiler and am about to half height tile my downstairs toilet with 600x300 tiles. I understand the advice on always ensuring the top and bottom row of the tiles should avoid thin slithers. If I measure out to get a good size at both floor and the top row (half way up wall), that gives me both 17cm high for those rows. Unfortunately if I follow this round to the back wall where the WC is and window, that would leave me a slither of 10cm high tile around a bench that is under the window (above a concealed toilet). Ideally id like to turn the top row into nearly a full tile would be 27cm high, so that this whole section is filled out with one tile rather than an 17cm tile + a 10cm tile. It would only work out to be 4 tiles (one on either side and two on the back walls) but I feel it would be an eyesore. Of course the downside to this means that my bottom row at the floor would only be 7cm high. Basically I can't avoid a slither, it either has to be these 4 tiles above the toilet (below the window), where I feel the eye-line may be, or at the floor level which of course would be all the way round the room.

Hope someone understands and can offer advice!

Thanks.

Setting out advice for more information and to reply to this

This RSS Feed has posted this content from our Tile Advice forum. Free advice on tiling tools, tiling courses, and all wall and floor tiling questions.

Reply to Tile and Tiling: Setting out advice in the Tile Forum area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net - Electric and Water Underfloor Heating Systems
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Plumbing and Plumbers

Plumbing Workwear

Shower Power Booster

Plumbase Spares - Plumbing Supplies and Spare Parts

Water Underfloor Heating

CORGI Direct for Plumbers

The Wetroom Store

Plumbase Spares