Search the forum,

Discuss Tightness test lpg system? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Illuminate

illuminate
can somebody explain to me the reason why you have to do a tightness test then purge and then complete another tightness test on a lpg system rather than purging and then just doing one tightness test. How help will be much appreciated and so I get a better understanding. Thanks

I’m guessing new install with no gas in the pipework?

I believe it has to be done everytime a purge would be needed so yes on a new installation or when adjusting gas pipework or changing gas appliance (if I'm right but I'm not entirely sure) plus what would be the reason for doing it before and after?

It’s because air is lighter than lpg so if only testing with air it could mask a leak

You don’t know if the pipework is sound so could be leaking into a void eg open end etc and wouldn’t disperse as it’s heavier than air

Where all here to learn and help it’s one of them once explained it clicks

Reply to Tightness test lpg system? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock