Search the forum,

Discuss Ticking boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I have a viessmann vitodens 100 boiler which has been fairly reliable for the last 8 years however due to the original pump making a ticking noise I had to replace it with a new one just over 12 months ago. I replaced it with the wilo 25/6 3 speed, the original viesmann branded one was a 2 speed.

Sadly this noise had returned. Before having this new one fit the system was flushed using fernox f4 then f1 iirc. The old pump looked fine and the water appeared relatively clean. Having changed a radiator and Drained the system since further inhibitor was added.

The noise is not a constant tick, it's more rhythmic, it's like a 4 second rhythmic cycle that tails off in sound before going again.

the noise does change based on the speed setting, I could almost live with it on the low setting as I tried it for a day, the water and CH seemed to cope well but I was warned about 'back pressure' from a plumber friend.

i have no warranty on the pump and I'm looking to purchase another but I'm wondering whether this will likely go the same way or whether I've just been unlucky considering the original pump lasted pretty well.

i have a video of its possible to upload.

regards
john

as you should have done in the first place call a gas safe engy out and dont try to fix a gas appliance yourself

Welcome, I do recommend you get and engineer along to look at it. I don't think it's the pump.

as you should have done in the first place call a gas safe engy out and dont try to fix a gas appliance yourself

When I say 'I' I actually meant a fully certified gas safe engineer. I'm simply asking the question before purchasing another pump for the same gas safe engineer to fit, like I did the last time.

Welcome, I do recommend you get and engineer along to look at it. I don't think it's the pump.

Many thanks for your reply. I'm pretty convinced the noise is the pump as It stopped after having a 'gas safe engineer' replace it a year ago and it's definitely the same noise and it changes the speed of the sound upon changing the speed setting.

I appreciate you folks are unable to diagnose based on a forum post but perhaps you've come across something similar.

Regards
John

You're welcome, if you look on the Viessmann website they will tell you who is your local engineer. Try that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ticking boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock