Search the forum,

Discuss three way MID valve (drayton) always hot? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi..

My central heating had stopped working although till had hot water... after a search and finding the manual lever on the Drayton MID valve restored heat to the radiators.. I fitted a new one...
I swapped the coloured cables one by one as the old one was in place so as to know I had the same colour coding.. On filling up the systems and switching on and running it.. it worked! Operated straightaway to the proper marked lettering on the side of the switch when selecting W only or Heating only or both (M)

However the plastic casing around the electrics on top of the brass valve is very warm. I'm from another electrical engineering job and i remember that some motors (elevators) used to keep power on as a means to keep things closed.. they ran very hot.

I don't know enough about this device to say if it doing the same thing.. seems a waste of energy to me.

It is an MAI/679-3
This one is a snap on head version (easily removable head)

Appreciate your thoughts please

Last edited:
yes if the heating is on the heads do become warm as there held open / shut also you will get a bit of bleed through via the valve body

Thanks very much for your reply Shaun..

Good to know... I'm looking at a magnetic filter now but only have about 8" of 22mm copper return pipe free above the boiler case above the boiler :(

Fernox omega should fit

Reply to three way MID valve (drayton) always hot? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock