Search the forum,

Discuss THREAD SIZE FOR SHOWER/BATH MIXER in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have currently a 10 yr old plus Thermostatic Bath Shower Mixer Model No: CD 324. Centre to centre of inlet is 180mm & full spec & dimensions are in this link: Nuie | Taps | Bar Showers | Thermostatic Bath Shower Mixer - https://www.premierbathroomcollection.co.uk/products/showers/bar-showers/CD324

I wish to replace this unit as it drips constantly at shower head despite having ceramic discs. valves. Originally for some time I had to keep turning the temperature dial up higher and higher just to get a warm shower. Overtime it seems to have ridden itself out & works fine now.

My bathtub is sealed up underneath so I don’t have access. Therefore, I have to leave the existing 2 chrome pillars in situ from the model & re-attached another unit. A like for like replacement with the same model above will fit, but I wanted to get another better mixer or tap & different brand. To do so I was wondering what is the chrome pillar ending thread size of my model in the picture & link above? Pipe Size is: 15 mm (1/2" Bsp) but I don’t think this is the same thing? Does one thread size fit all in the UK? Can someone recommend a reliable mixer or tap that will fit my current pillars? Some tap manufactures such as Bristan state some different mixers may or may not fit & there is no rule.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions & perhaps been in the same predicament?

People say getting another thermostatic mixer is prone to problems as the thermostatic cartridge goes over time & its better to get another mixer without the thermostatic gauge such as this but will it fit my current pillar ends?: Victorian Traditional Bath Shower Mixer Tap with Shower Kit - https://www.willesdenbathrooms.co.uk/victorian-bath-shower-mixer.html

Thanks very much

Attachments

• CD 324 Dimensions copy.pdf
    1,017.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Mixer Model CD324 (i) copy.pdf
    13.2 MB · Views: 4
  • Mixer Model CD324 copy.pdf
    13 MB · Views: 2
I have done this a few times, generally they are 3/4 thread that links the tap with the legs through the bath. I have only had 1 that didn't fit which wasn't a thbsm. Best trick is to not special order something that has a massive restocking charge. Made that mistake once. Inta make a good one that looks exactly like the failing one but will be twice the weight as it's better quality

Reply to THREAD SIZE FOR SHOWER/BATH MIXER in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock