Search the forum,

Discuss Thoughts on quote of boiler replacement in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Shaun, the other person has his own company.

And he’s going to be the one registering it correct so you should have a formal quotation off him etc for warranty

Low quote is obviously tempting even when you know the installer the thing you should be aware of is your guy maybe miscalculated which is easily done he will then either realise and take the loss or ask for more money. If he takes a loss you may well find that he will be reluctant to return if any issues arise later on or he will be reluctant to work for you again as by giving you a blinding deal he will think you expect this next time as well.

If you are satisfied with the way everything had gone I would consider giving the guy extra money on the side to keep him happy and keen, you may well get that money back the next time you are in need of his services.

Low quote is obviously tempting even when you know the installer the thing you should be aware of is your guy maybe miscalculated which is easily done he will then either realise and take the loss or ask for more money. If he takes a loss you may well find that he will be reluctant to return if any issues arise later on or he will be reluctant to work for you again as by giving you a blinding deal he will think you expect this next time as well.

If you are satisfied with the way everything had gone I would consider giving the guy extra money on the side to keep him happy and keen, you may well get that money back the next time you are in need of his services.
He is self employed mate. So should know what he is getting into.

He is self employed mate. So should know what he is getting into.

I will mate , I do know them well and have done for a long time, . Thanks for your advice.
Agreed.

Both parties should also understand that a fairly effective way to finish a friendship is to turn it into a business deal that is not equitable.
Not equitable? Because they aren't charging me 800 pound labour for days work.

Just for comparison...
Tommorow will get new combi valliant boiler installed, removal of old vented system,boiler and pipes, install shower from boiler and removal of power shower. Plius boiler will be moved in loft (pressure adequate).
One day work and 2500 .
Working two pro and apprentice.

After hours boiler replacement, by one full time employed plumber and one self employed plumber ( who can't manage to do the job during business hours )
Cheap price?
Formal written quotation?

Don't expect much!!!!!

And then there's you who comes on here wanting to know if your overpaying.
You quote the price of the boiler and then question the installation price.

Guaranteed, you will get a crap job done, no warranty and no back up service.

Hope this is helpful!

After hours boiler replacement, by one full time employed plumber and one self employed plumber ( who can't manage to do the job during business hours )
Cheap price?

Don't expect much!!!!!

Hope this is helpful!
Tell us what you really think mate. 😂😂😂.
One question to ask is will the registered engineer be on site the whole time? Or just to fill the paperwork out.

All completed, took 8 hours in total, paper work signed and registered by my friends company.

good and your happy ?

All completed, took 8 hours in total, paper work signed and registered by my friends company.

good and your happy ?
Yes it's all working fine, thanks. I'm sure some people do jobs for people cheaper when they know them. Not sure why it caused an uproar. Thanks again though for your views.
[automerge]1581447515[/automerge]
Cheap price?

Don't expect much!!!!!

Hope this is helpful!

Boiler registered and got a 10 year warranty, also got service certificate with it and registered by the company.. Chill out mate. I just asked for an opinion that's all.

Last edited:

Reply to Thoughts on quote of boiler replacement in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I've been to a customer today that has a 9 year old baxi duo tec40kw boiler,it runs 20 radiator that all work fine,they have 2 bathrooms and 1 electric shower and again have no issues with hot water.Over the last 4 years baxi have repaired the boiler on 8 occasions, with faults on gas valve...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi All, what's the cost of a service for an unvented system ? (valiant boiler & mega flow cylinder). I was charged £320.00, for the following: Boiler service - no parts changed. Change wireless thermostat (honeywell to Tado), I supplied the thermostat starter kit. is that about correct ? Also...
Replies
Views
Hi. I’m new here and due to have a new boiler fitted. Does anyone have recommendations or thoughts on either the Worcester 8000 40KW Combi or the Baxi 40kw Platinum or the Valliant EcoTec Plus 838. The Worcester is the most costly but I’m happy to pay more if it means a better boiler (long term...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm hoping someone here may be able to help me out with an issue I have with my baxi duotec boiler. Basically, the hot water temperature has been fluctuating quite alot, dropping in temp then raising again whilst showering. I have had an engineer out who has changed the thermistor, but I am...
Replies
Views
Vaillant Ecotec Plus 832 boiler is 13 years old, 4 of which since we've been living there, started to play up in last couple of months. An engineer with very good reviews came round and says it will cost 700+VAT for 'replacement expansion vessel, pressure relief valve and diverter valve on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock